Wednesday, December 18, 2013

NoodleTown


Today I will be 13 years old. Since my parents are too cheap to take me to Talent for my birthday, I ate at a local restaurant called Asuka/Noodle Town. They are two restaurants in the same building.  



I had some sushi at Noodletown and, since it is my birthday, I orderd a couple of the special rolls. A roll a noodle town is 6 pieces of sushi. I ordered a Godzilla Roll, a Winter Roll and a “Hot Night” Roll. The Godzilla Roll had a tempura-seaweed outside with a rice-fish interior and was topped with a orange creamy sauce and very small roe. Roe is unfertilized fish eggs.  The fish in the sushi roll was a bit chunky as it was cut thick. In sushi, mouth feel is very important. The outside was deliciously crunchy, but the fish was too big, so the mouth feel was very less than desired. Also, the sauce was very rich and the roe was unnecessary.  In short, the Godzilla roll was not for me, but if you like big, rich, “manly” food this is for you. 

The next roll I tried was the Winter Roll. It had a seaweed outside with cucumber, tuna, and rice inside. The mouth feel was pleasantly mushy, yet it had some cucumber that made it a bit crunchy. In short, this roll was good, but a bit mushy. 

Finally, the Hot Night Roll the best of these three. The outside was a seaweed tempura and the inside was a harmonious combination of asparagus, tuna tempura, rice and cucumber.  This was my favorite.  

Your might have heard the story of Goldilocks and the three bears. This is the story of Mars and the three sushi rolls. One was too rich, one was to mushy, and one was just right. If you like a sushi roll that is very crunchy and balanced just right, the Hot Night Roll may be the roll for you. 
I hope you liked it and thanks to my mom my sister and me (of course)

Shrimp Tempora is Killer!!



END

No comments:

Post a Comment