Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Path to Enlightenment is Not Through This

Well folks we've got a treat for you. Instead of reviewing a restaurant I’m going to review a "drinkable" "drink" (I use this term loosely) so lets start shall we?

I had just gotten out of school and needed something refreshing; something on the sour side, but not too sour. Something that would wake me up and revive me, but wouldn’t give me a complete caffeine rush. As I browsed the very "interesting" drink selection at Sahara mart, I came across a drink called Braggs Organic Limeade, not knowing that it had one little secret: It was a fluctuation of disgusting sourness and offensive nauseating flavors.
Now limeade is basically lemonade with limes ya see (it doesn't take a genius to figure that out) and most limeades are very sour, but you don't feel like you have been violated when you drink it.  If I had read the label more closely, I would have seen that it was actually called Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar All Natural Limeade Drink, or what I would like to call Blasphemy In A Glass. I shudder at the possibility of ever taking a sip of this agian. Imagine a glass of vinegar with a lime squirted in it, and then a few bitter stevia leaves mixed in. I'm not saying that Braggs is a bad company (I really enjoy Braggs Aminos in place of soy sauce on my food), but they went waaaaaay to far with this idea.

The label boasts that it is a healthy energy drink, delicious, refreshing thirst quencher and it is an "ideal pick me up for sports, home, work and gym”. Maybe an ideal pick me up for someone who likes the smell of your brother's dirty gym locker and his smelly socks!
Zero calories but zero % drinkability.

As I drink I will give it one doughnut as a drink, as it is undrinkable, but it might work well as a vinaigrette salad dressing or as a marinade.

4 comments:

  1. A,"violation" in a drink is pretty bad! I do appreciate that you made it clear you like, "Bragg's" in general. I do to, but definetly won't be trying the limeade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of traffic violations, but never beverage violations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mars your writing is hilarious and I'm really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mars, it sounds like it would be good to clean your coffee pot. Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete